Education and Internships
An internship with the Center for Successful Aging is a great way to get hands-on experience working with older adults in a fitness and wellness setting. Student learning objectives include:
- Learn how to conduct a variety of clinical and field-based health, physical, and functional assessments on older adults.
- Learn procedures for adapting physical activities and exercise prescriptions for older adults.
- Learn general exercise guidelines and safety factors in fitness classes for older adults.
- Learn teaching methodology, including group dynamics, feedback, reinforcement, empowering others, and designing and leading individualized and group exercise programs for the +50 population.
- Learn human relation skills for specific needs related to gender and age differences culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
For more information on internship opportunities please contact the Operations Manager, Jeana Miller, at email@example.com or at 657-278-7012.