International Students, please click here for additional information.
Prerequisites may be taken at California State University Fullerton, or at any accredited graduate, undergraduate or community/junior college. Several different course titles may meet the content areas we require. In some cases, a combination of several courses may be deemed equivalent to a single prerequisite course. It is the student's responsibility to provide relevant information (e.g. syllabi, course descriptions, and assignments) when requested.
Highlighted courses are prerequisites available in CSUF undergraduate Departments.
Applicants must apply to both the University and to the Department of Counseling. Please be sure to carefully read all information listed below and follow the admissions procedure as directed so that your application can be processed by both the University and the Department of Counseling.
Step (1): University application:
The application is COUNSELING (MARRIAGE FAMILY THERAPY)
*A note regarding application deadlines for the Fall 2013 Masters in Counseling Program:
If you are applying for the Fall 2013 on campus program, applications are now open and will be accepted through March 1, 2013. This includes both the University application through CSU Mentor and the Departmental application. When you open CSU Mentor’s homepage at csumentor.edu, you will click on the link “Apply Today”. Then, click the “Graduate Admission Applications” link. You will see two red boxes. Click on the box that reads “Fall 2013”. You will then follow the instructions to create an account with CSU Mentor. When you are prompted to enter a Major Code, you will want to enter COUNSELING (MARRIAGE FAMILY THERAPY).
Admissions and Records
California State University
Fullerton, CA 92834-6900
* Please note if you are currently attending or have graduated from CSUF and Admissions and Records has already received your official transcripts there is no need to send additional transcripts to them.
Step (2): Department of Counseling application:
We do not have a separate form or on-line Department application for you to fill out. The Department of Counseling application consists of the following information:
- Three letters of recommendation(No form is required or available for these letters. Letters must be the original letter, not a copy, email or FAX. They must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the author’s signature across the back seal of the envelope.)
- A detailed personal statement (approximately 3,000 words)
- One copy of all transcripts from every college or university that you have attended (official or unofficial)
* Please note if you are currently attending or have graduated from CSUF you still must provide that Department of Counseling with copies of all transcripts from every college or university that you have attended including CSUF.
The Department of Counseling application material should be sent to:
Department of Counseling
California State University Fullerton
P.O. Box 6868
Fullerton, CA 92834-6868
The deadline for admissions to the Fall 2013 on-campus class is March 1, 2013.
The deadline for admissions to
the off-campus program for Spring 2013 is November 1, 2012.
For more information about admissions, please contact our Prospective Student Advisor, at (657) 278-3042. Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org